Monday, June 20, 2011

We Fancy Now

I finally got a job! Two in fact! Crazy right?!?! So after my first day at work at the more intense of the two I am in serious need of some good ol' fashioned relaxation. And what better way to do that than a nice and crisp glass of ice cold beer? Ordinarily I would want to celebrate this momentous day with a fancy shmancy beer or cocktail, but today I'm sticking to an old school tall boy of Bud Light. Not just any cheap beer, Bud Light Lime. Although it is quite the laughing stock of serious beer drinkers at the moment, I am a devoted fan. As a lime lover this already sour flavored beer is quite refreshing with extra squeeze and wedge of lime.
This isn't exactly my first choice, but it does the trick! I thought of this beer cocktail shortly after Mackenzie's older sister Megan came to visit. While in town Megan had a creative stroke of genius and created a quite tasty (or at least more drinkable) beer cocktail called "the fancy," made up of PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) and a squeeze of lemon. It is still a little rough around the edges, but you'd be surprised by how well the lemon covers the cheap beer flavor. So of course, my version of "the lime fancy" followed shortly after. Now I just have to find a good citrus to pair with Schlitz and we're set! Let me know what your favorite beer cocktail is and we'll put it to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment