Friday, April 29, 2011

Domenica Happy Hour


I used to think American Sector had the best Happy Hour in the city, but I completely change my mind. Domenica completely kicks their butt. They serve all their pizzas and select cocktails for half off from 3:00 - 6:00 pm every weekday. That means only $7.50 for 8 gourmet slices of heaven.





I've had a lot of pizza in New Orleans, but this is definitely the best I've ever had. Mackenzie, Gavin, and Eric accompanied me on this food expedition and we went to town on these pizzas!






We got 4 different types so we could try a variety. The spicy lamb meat ball, ricotta and mint pie was interesting but the roast pork shoulder, fennel, and apple was much better. My favorite was the wild mushroom, fontina, bacon lardon and egg pizza, it was phenomenal. But possibly equally as tasty as the lardo pizza.


For those of you who don't know, lardo is fat. Seriously just straight up cured pork fat. The classy version of deep frying things in lard apparently is just laying it on thick over a thin crust pizza! Even though the thought of eating fat was pretty disgusting, the fantastic flavor immediately erased any negative thoughts. It was paired with toasted fennel and stracchino cheese - perfecto!



Even the leftovers were superb. So good that I couldn't get the pizza cravings out of my system. After my cold leftover breakfast I had boot pizza topped with voodoo gumbo Zapps for lunch.







And then proceeded to have slice for dinner. Their bacon pizza was hardly edible in comparison to the Domenica's spectacular pies.








The prosciutto arugula pie was better, but still not as scrumptious as the Domenica pies.











Oh and I almost forgot to mention the last thing we tried at Domenica, stracci with oxtail ragu and fried chicken livers. I LOVED the oxtail ragu but the liver isn't really my thing. Luckily liver is one of Eric's favorite foods so none of the lovely little livers went to waste.
Domenica on Urbanspoon


Maps for Diners, DriveIns and Dives, Man v. Food and more src="http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/images/asseenon.png"/>

No comments:

Post a Comment