Thursday, March 24, 2011

Midnight Temptations

With a million and one things on my to do list for tomorrow I find myself in the unfortunate predicament of lying awake at 6 in the morning. Not surprisingly, rather than accomplishing one of the many tasks I should be doing I am sitting awake in my bed writing about food. I figure I shouldn't be too hard on myself because if I wasn't writing about it I'd be eating it, a LOT of it!

Strangely enough, my early morning cravings are quite similar to my drunken late night snacks. The greasier the better. Right now I would kill for some crispy, gooey tossed hot wings from Vieux Carre Chicken Wings and Tenders. Located just off of Bourbon, I discovered this gem with my friend Nick, a fellow food lover and hungryheretic fan. These were literally the BEST wings I have ever had. I'm talking mind-blowingly good. So good that I would be willing to go to Bourbon again if it meant getting my hands on some of those babies, and I hate Bourbon. I would even consider driving down there now but I assume they probably closed around 4am.

Number 2 on my list of desirable munchies right now is definitely Chick-Fil-A. I could go for some McDonalds or Wendy's too, but sometimes nothing hits the spot like a chicken sandwich and waffle fries from good old Chick-Fil-A.

Too bad I'm probably going to end up eating cereal... on second though a biscuit from Magnolia Mart is sounding pretty good. Time to let my inner fat kid run free!!!!!

Chick-fil-A (Esplanade Mall) on Urbanspoon


  1. Have you ever been to vieux carre pizza?! its at the corner of bourbon andddd saint louis i THINK...but it is so yummy!! granted, I've only been when i'm rather intoxicated but it is so so good even though it's on bourbon. aaaand now i'm crazing it.

  2. I found the place you're talking about on urban spoon,, Im definitely down to try it. We should go next time you're in town!