Thursday, March 24, 2011

Midnight Temptations

With a million and one things on my to do list for tomorrow I find myself in the unfortunate predicament of lying awake at 6 in the morning. Not surprisingly, rather than accomplishing one of the many tasks I should be doing I am sitting awake in my bed writing about food. I figure I shouldn't be too hard on myself because if I wasn't writing about it I'd be eating it, a LOT of it!

Strangely enough, my early morning cravings are quite similar to my drunken late night snacks. The greasier the better. Right now I would kill for some crispy, gooey tossed hot wings from Vieux Carre Chicken Wings and Tenders. Located just off of Bourbon, I discovered this gem with my friend Nick, a fellow food lover and hungryheretic fan. These were literally the BEST wings I have ever had. I'm talking mind-blowingly good. So good that I would be willing to go to Bourbon again if it meant getting my hands on some of those babies, and I hate Bourbon. I would even consider driving down there now but I assume they probably closed around 4am.


Number 2 on my list of desirable munchies right now is definitely Chick-Fil-A. I could go for some McDonalds or Wendy's too, but sometimes nothing hits the spot like a chicken sandwich and waffle fries from good old Chick-Fil-A.







Too bad I'm probably going to end up eating cereal... on second though a biscuit from Magnolia Mart is sounding pretty good. Time to let my inner fat kid run free!!!!!

Chick-fil-A (Esplanade Mall) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to vieux carre pizza?! its at the corner of bourbon andddd saint louis i THINK...but it is so yummy!! granted, I've only been when i'm rather intoxicated but it is so so good even though it's on bourbon. aaaand now i'm crazing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the place you're talking about on urban spoon, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/57/622119/restaurant/French-Quarter/Vieux-Carre-Pizza-New-Orleans, Im definitely down to try it. We should go next time you're in town!

    ReplyDelete